Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Unpacking

(Note: There were no posts on the previous two days because just filling a few pages with a's and sticking 'h! Parents are coming/here and I'm too exhausted to be literate!' didn't seem very productive.)

So my parents arrived yesterday. I spent the day stressing about in the studio, eating pizza for lunch, unloading boxes, going to a few stores (Iggy now has more toys than he knows what to do with and has decided that all he wants now is a pig ear) and finally going to a restaurant. By then I was so exhausted, typing was no longer an option.

Today, my mom thought I had to unpack all the boxes all day, since they're taking the leftovers with them tomorrow. So they picked Boyfriend and me up this morning and we visited the castle. It was raining, so they couldn't take a walk, and it was museum with kids or shopping with my mom.

The castle was fun. Cold in some places, but fun. Afterwards, we had lunch in the restaurant. Boyfriend decided to once again demonstrate how he somehow fails to tick all the 'typical German' boxes by asking me 'What is apfelstrudel, anyway?'. Upon explaining, he thought it was a really good idea, so we had dessert. The restaurant showed how insane skilled they were by offering homemade apfelstrudel which wasn't just flaky, but also delicious. Anyone who has ever tried to make traditional strudel knows what I'm talking about.

My darling sweet parents even asked if we needed to go grocery shopping. Y'know, raining, near-freezing temperatures, my winter coat somewhere in a box at home, quite possibly still in Belgium... Yeah, I abused the opportunity to pick out some wrapping paper for Boyfriend's birthday gift. I was going to go for something blue and neutral, but when I teasingly offered baby pink Hello Kitty paper, he was really enthusiastic. So yeah. His birthday and Christmas gifts will be easily recognisable. (Also: why isn't it questionable to his sexuality to give him girly wrapping paper, but giving him something everyone knows he collects is? Also, why would his dad think he's gay for receiving a gift when there's noisy sex above his kitchen at least once a week? Guy-logic makes no sense to me)

Then I procrastinated, and put it off some more and finally took a nap to not have to unpack the boxes. It was eight pm when I woke up. And the boxes looked like four hours of emotional turmoil and suffering. Yeah, trepidation was a word that particularly came to mind. So was 'sleep not allowed'.

Anyway, Boyfriend was going to make spaghetti sauce from scratch (We later discovered we still had some in the freezer) while I unpacked.

I got started and unpacked for an hour. All boxes except one got either unpacked or identified as booktasticness. So yeah... I'm currently on a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment